Capella University Department of Nursing, Doctorate of Nursing Practice Projects79
This collection houses the doctoral capstone projects authored and submitted by the graduates of Capella’s DNP program. This collection was created and began accepting submissions from students in January 2015.
Capella's DNP program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*, a nationally recognized accreditation agency approved by the U.S. Secretary of Education. This program helps prepare nurses to be leaders in the field of nursing by focusing on administrative, organizational, and leadership skills. Curriculum topics may include:
- Leadership and ethics
- Policy and advocacy
- Nursing technology
- Global population health
*The BSN, MSN, and DNP degree programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
- Recruitment and Retention of Indigenous Students in a Baccalaureate Nursing Program
- The Utilization of an Alarm Elimination Fall Prevention Program
- Perinatal Bereavement Immersion for Nurses Providing Care to Women Who Miscarry in the Emergency Department
- A Quality Improvement Plan to Decrease Acute Care Transfers through Better Staff Communication about Status Changes Among Assisted Living Residents
- Delirium Assessment in the Medical-Surgical Population: A Quality Improvement Project
- The Implementation of a School Based Asthma and Allergy Program in a Rural School District
- Gaps in Pain Management in Assisted Living