Capella University Department of Nursing, Doctorate of Nursing Practice Projects62
This collection houses the doctoral capstone projects authored and submitted by the graduates of Capella’s DNP program. This collection was created and began accepting submissions from students in January 2015.
Capella's DNP program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)*, a nationally recognized accreditation agency approved by the U.S. Secretary of Education. This program helps prepare nurses to be leaders in the field of nursing by focusing on administrative, organizational, and leadership skills. Curriculum topics may include:
- Leadership and ethics
- Policy and advocacy
- Nursing technology
- Global population health
*The BSN, MSN, and DNP degree programs at Capella University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, (202) 887-6791 http://www.aacn.nche.edu/ccne-accreditation.
- Fall Prevention in Older Adults Who Reside in Nursing Homes
- Improving Heart Failure Management Utilizing a Chronic Disease Clinic Model
- Surgical Site Infections and Prophylactic Antibiotics
- Improving Communication in the Clinical Environment Through Bedside Shift Report (BSR): A Quality Improvement Project
- Improving patients' health literacy level and ability to take their medication as prescribed
- Early Detection and Management of Delirium Through Routine Nurse Screening on Older Adult Hospitalized Patients
- Can Structured Orientation for New Nurse Graduates Through Improved Preceptor Programs Decrease Turn-Over Rates?