Sacred Heart University College of Nursing5
The faculty and students of Sacred Heart University are pleased to share a repository collection of graduate capstone and scholarly projects. Undergraduate projects of exceptional merit may also be included. The work reflects the mission of the college which seeks to integrate the catholic intellectual tradition in the philosophy, curricula, teaching activities, and scholarship of the nursing program. The faculty, in accordance with the mission, work to cultivate the personal and professional development of each individual student. Sacred Heart University has been ranked as among the best for online programs, top rankings for America’s Best Colleges and top 10 for best colleges for Veterans by U.S. News and World Report.
The BSN program consists of the traditional pre-licensure track as well as the RN-BSN-MSN program. The MSN Program consists of a Family Nurse Practitioner track and specialty tracks in Clinical Nurse Leader, Nurse Educator, and Nursing Management and Executive Leadership. The DNP program consists of two tracks: practice focused leadership and clinical practice, both specialties that prepare graduates of this terminal degree to improve patient and population health outcomes. Projects in the repository will reflect student engagement in practical, clinically focused scholarship and research.
The BSN, MSN, and DNP programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing (CCNE), One DuPont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington DC 20036-1120.
If you are interested in learning more about Sacred Heart University’s nursing programs click here:
- Increasing Patient Safety using Positive Patient Identification and Bedside Specimen Scanning
- Teaching Critical Thinking with Problem-Based Learning
- The Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe and Quality Health Care: Between Two Worlds
- Improving Self-Management in a Complex Population Through Patient-Centered Education and Interdisciplinary Communication
- Teaching Strategies to Reduce VAP at Mulago Hospital: A Capstone Project