National and International Nursing Organizations - Events Collection Policies and Workflow Options
- A nursing organization member/leaser/representative sends an email to email@example.com indicating that the nursing organization wishes to participate in the Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository.
- The nursing organization's participation request requires the approval of the appropriate management of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International.
- The approval/denial of the request is relayed to the Nursing Organization within 30 - 60 days.
- Upon approval, an initial call or online meeting may be set up to facilitate discussions regarding the creation of the nursing organization's collection in the Henderson Repository.
- The nursing organization supplies a logo and lead-in text for its collection homepage.
- The nursing organization supplies the name of a volunteer from the organization who will serve as a liaison between the nursing organization and the Henderson Repository. The liaison will be responsible for completing or overseeing certain tasks in the workflow options as set forth below.
- The nursing organization will be responsible for maintaining an active Henderson Repository liaison at all times.
- The nursing organization will communicate any changes in the role of liaison to the Henderson Repository staff in a timely manner.
- At the appropriate time, the collection is created and the permanent link is shared with the nursing organization liaison. This link may be used in the nursing organization's promotional materials and on their nursing organization website. A collection will not be created prior to one month in advance of the conclusion of the organization's first anticipated event after opting to participate in the Henderson Repository.
- A spreadsheet template and presenter email* template are sent to the nursing organization liaison.
- The link to the appropriate Henderson Repository permission's form will be sent to the nursing organization liaison.
- The nursing organization liaison will receive an email invitation from the Henderson Repository's online file sharing account (OFSA), permitting file uploads to the organization's designated folder within the ystem.
- Henderson Repository introductory demo sessions are offered to the liaison, if/as needed.
*The presenter email template is only necessary if workflow option 2 is selected.
|Option 1 - Pre-Event||Option 2 - Post-Event|
1. The nursing organization sends out its usual Call for Abstracts and alerts potential presenters that the nursing organization is participating in the Henderson Repository.
1. Following an event the nursing organization sends out a templated email to their presenters. That email includes the link to the Henderson Repository Post-Event Permission Form.
2. The nursing organization includes the link to the Henderson Repository Pre-Event Permission Form in its customary presenter submission form, the intent to present form, or other standard presenter confirmation communication. In that same communication, the nursing organization should impose a deadline for submitting the permission form. The deadline should also be sent to the Henderson Repository staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. In that same email, the nursing organization also give presenters a deadline to submit the form and copies the Henderson Repository (email@example.com) on the email so that the repository is aware of the date the email was sent and the imposed deadline for submitting the form.
3. The day after the deadline, a Henderson Repository staff person runs a report to create a list of those presenters who have granted permission to upload and post their materials to the repository. The report is emailed to the nursing organization's liaison.
4. The nursing organization liaison populates the spreadsheet with only those posters/presentations for which we have received upload permission.
5. The nursing organization liaison sends the completed spreadsheet to the repository at firstname.lastname@example.org and also uploads all the "permission granted" poster/presentation files (in PDF format) to the organization's designated folder in the OFSA.
6. A Henderson Repository staff person reviews the spreadsheet and the nursing organization's OFSA folder to make sure:
a. that all required fields are complete,
b. that it only contains presentations for which we have received upload permission,
c. that the nursing organization's OFSA folder only contains "permission granted" files, and
d. that the author names have been verified through name authority work.
7. A Henderson Repository librarian adds standardized subject headings to each presentation.
8. The nursing organization's liaison is notified when the posters/presentations have been uploaded to the nursing organization's collection.
9. A Henderson Repository librarian adds standardized subject headings to each presentation as time allows.
The time between the end of the event and the final upload of posters/presentations to the nursing organization's collection is dependent upon the following factors:
- The deadline for permission form submission as set by the nursing organization.
- The amount of time it takes the nursing organization's liaison(s) to complete the spreadsheet and upload the files to the OFSA.
- The number of posters/presentations to be uploaded.
- The amount of time it takes a Henderson Repository librarian to review the completed spreadsheet and files, complete name authority work, and add standardized subject headings to each presentation. This step may involve sending the spreadsheet back to the liaison(s) for additions/corrections.
The Henderson Repository reserves the right to take from 30 – 90 days to complete step 4 depending upon the event's size and the workflow demands on the repository staff at the time of upload. It may take longer if revisions are required and the spreadsheet is sent back to the liaison(s) for correction.
Note: There is no participation charge. The Henderson Repository is generously funded by a grant that allows it to provide these services to participating nursing organizations at no cost.
Contact Kimberly Thompson, MLS, Ruth Lilly Repository Manager, at email@example.com to request your free collection now.
For a list of repository benefits and additional information about the repository visit the "Policies and Guidelines" page.