Schools of Nursing Community - Participation Policy
Participation. The Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository (Henderson Repository) encourages schools of nursing with accredited programs* to participate in the Henderson Repository.
Participation is an easy 2-step process! 1. Schools of nursing simply advise their master's and doctoral level students to submit their defended and finalized papers (see eligible submission section below for details) to one of the following collections in the Graduate Papers, Theses, and Dissertations community:
|Undergraduate papers (BSN or BSN equivalent) may be submitted to a suitable topical collection in the Independent Submissions community.|
Note: Faculty members, if you want your work to be tied to your academic institution, submit to a suitable topical collection in the Independent Submission community and complete the author affiliation field.
2. Participating schools of nursing must send their students the following link regarding Henderson Repository policies and submission information. Help us help your students make this simple and easy!
School of Nursing Visibility and Participation Recognition. Regardless of the repository community and collection where the items are located, informational fields in each item record will capture degree type, degree grantor, year the degree was conferred, and advisor/committee member names. Faculty members should use of the author affiliation field. This allows for program recognition and visibility within the repository. The repository's robust browse, faceted and full-text searching features lets school administrators and repository patrons easily locate student works from a specific academic institution. The repository is indexed in all major search engines, allowing for recognition on a global basis.
Schools of nursing who indicate in writing (send email to email@example.com) that they are participating in encouraging their students to submit the works as described herein and whose student repository submissions have surpassed 50 items, will receive a mention on the Henderson Repository’s School of Nursing Participation e-Wall (link to page coming soon).
Eligible Submissions. Qualified submissions are papers that were submitted to the academic institution in partial fulfillment of requirements for a graduate degree.
- Scholarly Project
- Evidence-Based Practice Study
- Translational Research
- Creative Arts in Nursing Research
Format of Submissions. Paper formats differ according to each academic institution, degree focus, and degree type. All eligible submissions must follow a basic format similar to that set out below. This repository realizes that not all papers can or will include all components, and the headings may be different than those listed, but the basic format is important and any submission that deviates too far from this norm is subject to rejection.
- Title Page
- Signature Page or Committee Page (Must be blank - do not include the signed pages with the repository submission.
- Copyright Page
- Dedication and/or Acknowledgments
- Table of Contents
- List of Tables and/or Figures
- Supplemental Documentation
Body of Paper:
- Synthesis of Evidence and/or Review of Related Literature
- Research Design and/or Methodology
- Results or Analysis of Data
- Summary, Conclusions, and Recommendations and/or Discussion
Good news! All citation styles are acceptable to the repository (e.g., APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, Turabian, etc.). Any readable font is acceptable.
Evaluation of Submissions. Items will be given a cursory review for general suitability to the collection. The substantive material in each submission will not be reviewed prior to posting. Theses submissions rely solely on the reputation of the academic institution conferring the degree.
Important Details. Eligible submissions do not include capstone projects evidenced by posters, slide presentations, and executive summaries. These materials are better suited to the topical collections in the Independent Submissions community where they may undergo peer-review prior to acceptance and posting in the repository.
Projects in the form of manuscripts for journal submission are not eligible submissions to this repository due to simultaneous submission/multiple, duplicate publication rules set out by journals and publishers. Many publishers and journals have rules regarding open-access self-archiving by authors, but these rules are subject to change without notice and do not include grandfather clauses to protect the author and disseminating repository. Manuscripts that will not be published via journals or that were submitted to a journal and rejected for reasons other than substance may be submitted to a suitable topical collection in the Independent Submissions community.
* A school or college of nursing must offer a nursing program or programs accredited by a nationally recognized accreditation body such as the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) and/or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or their equivalent for those programs outside of the U.S. and/or the jurisdiction of the two aforementioned accreditation agencies.